Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pig Tails...Amish drug dealers...Framing New Orleans...and Lawn Care


I had my first experience with a food i never thought i would eat last night. Pickled Pig tails mixed with cabbage and pickled pig ribs. I actually enjoyed! Funny how your food tolerances change.

Last night me and Sarah watched a movie about Amish kids. When they turn 16 they are able to do what ever they want in the "English" world and then decide if they would like to commit thier lives to the Amish church for life. Well these kids do it up BIG...they would have parties out in the fields and invite Amish kids from like 5 states. A few of the boys moved into a trailer down by the tracks and ran a drug dealing business. One of these boys in the middle of doing drugs talks to the camera about how he thinks he is going to join the Amish church. And i thought Amish kids were tame.

Today Sarah and I went to a local framing shop to get my Antique Map of New Orleans framed. I have been looking at this map ever since i saw it in a gallery window in the mall about a month ago. Well i found it in a shop in the French quarter but it was $270. I found it online as a print for $15 a few days later, I ordered it, and when it came in the mail Sarah and I went to Michael's to get in framed. We took it to Michael's because we had a 50% coupon. Well even with 50% off it was going to cost almost $400. Not in our price range. Well back to todays framing experience. We went into this way cool frame shop and this nice old guy helped us pick out a frame and we triple matted it for about $225. Good thing people were nice enough to send me birthday money so we could afford that :c). THANKS GUYS. It should be ready in 10 days.

Tonight i did the whole lawn again. This is my second time doing this. If you will remember last i did the lawn i was given some not so good feedback from an old drunk man who had been doing our lawn before Sarah and I moved in. See post Landscaping from July 18th if you need a refresher. Hopefully this time I did a better job :c).

No comments: