Friday, October 26, 2007

The Price we pay to drill

So the other day I decided to let the girls in on my house fixing adventures. This time i was working on the landscaping timber for the front yard. If your wondering where i am in the process let me tell you.
I began with Looking at and determining that the wood was rotten and needed to be replaced.
Next I bought the new landscaping timber (only 3 logs the first time, cuz i mis-estimated) it turned out to need 9 logs.
Next i tore out the old logs.
Then i measured the garden and determined how long i needed to trim the logs to in order for them to fit.
Next i measured where the re-bar was and marked on the landscaping timber where to put the holes.
HERE WE ARE IN THE PROCESS.
I was going to allow the girls to drill some of the holes in the timber so i put my 12V drill cordless drill on one of the holes and told the girl to go at it. Well she made it about 1/2 through the timber and the drill died. I figured out my cordless rechargeable drill was not going to survive the 27 holes that needed to be drilled if it could not survive through 1.

To Make a long story short i decided i needed a corded drill. I went next door to the hardware store and told them the size i needed and they were anything but helpful. So i decided to walk to the Ace Hardware down the street. I thought it was about 9 blocks down so i decided to get some excersie and walk. I invited the girls to come with me, told Sarah, and off we went. 2 miles and about 30 blocks later we were at ACE (3535 Magazine). 4 miles total walked and not enough time left in the day to drill the holes. But don't worry i did it on the rain day we had 2 days later. Next step putting the timbers on the re-bar and planting new plants :c).

No comments: