Thursday, October 18, 2007

Landscaping the yard

I didn't feel the need to talk about mowing the lawn anymore because it was not a challenge anymore...Ive got it down to about 35 min...including blowing the grass off the sidewalk..However i did do something new...I "trimmed" the tree in the front yard...Turns out i have a Japanese Yew...I found this out as i was trimming it and our paster walked by (isn't New Orleans Great!) He told me that he is lucky enough to have the largest one in our neighborhood. Too bad for him i have the largest live Oak...which are much cooler. Anyways..he told me the name and i forgot it of course..so i took a trimming and fruit sample inside and looked it up...He was right, Japanese Yew. Well the trimming didn't turn out so good for the tree...but they grow back i hear :c). Sorry Mike!

I Began the process of replacing the landscaping timber in the front garden. I began by pulling off the old rotten pieces and i met lots of new friends, Worms, Skinks, and lots of slugs (the girls call them leaches and run away from them). It was a bigger job than anticipated...as always. Sarah came home so i got a decent stopping point and cleaned up the yard (i had pieces of wood EVERYWHERE....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Man Matthew, I am so impressed with your handywork! I hope you don't think you're going on vacation when you come back to the homestead. The barn needs to be finished...