Monday, September 17, 2007

Mr. Matt's Meat Rub

So Sarah decided that it would be a great idea to cook hamburgers for Dinner on Sunday (Family teacher's cook day). During her nap yesterday Sarah calls me to tell her idea to make hamburgers. So i get 4 turkey burgers and about 8 cow burgers and start thawing them. Several hours later when I went to cook the burgers i noticed that we were all out of my normal main ingredient of WooWoo sauce (Worcestershire sauce). So my moto has become, "If we don't have it..Make it". I turn to the trusty internet which if you remember was my secret behind my rib rub. I find a recipe that surprising to me listed the base WooWoo sauce to be vinegar. I'm not a fan of vinegar....I think it stinks..has a bad taste...and it is just way to potent to me. But a recipe is a recipe. So i put vinegar, soy sauce, water, cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, and other ingridents. Then i decided that rather than adding the other spices to the hamburger later, I would just add it right to my new concoction. The end result is Mr. Matt's Meat rub. One girl tells me i should market it, i informed her i would never be able to make it the same way more than once cuz i add different stuff everytime (whatever i think of at the time i throw in). The end result were some very yummy hamburgers!!

No comments: