Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sidewalk

Hey Kelly...Watch out for the hole!!! (when Kelly visited us she kept tripping in this hole in the sidewalk where grass had grown up in it and you did not see how deep it was).
Haha not anymore...the last few days I've been planning my first concrete laying experience. I measured how big the rectangle was that i was going to pull the broken concrete out of and pour new concrete. It was 60x40...so I've seen people pour concrete...they have a wooden rectangle made from 2x4's and they pour the concrete in them. So i made a rectangle too....I subtracted the 2x4's from the 60x40 measurements and made my rectangle...then i bought a 2 bags of concrete, the 2nd one just encase i needed a little extra to fill the hole. I decided after looking at the broken concrete that about 1/3 of the rectangle was in pretty good shape other than a crack through the middle...so i decided to leave it be. I took the broken concrete out of the hole and dug out a 3-4 in rectangular hole. Then i checked the weather report to look for 3 days in a row of sun so the rain will not ruin the setting of the concrete. Turns out Saturday was a great day to do it :c). So i poured 2 bags in and said UT OH...cuz it bairly filled the hole...So i ran inside asked Sarah for my wallet and Drove off to Lowe's...Meeting a train with 59 cars that i got to watch on the way back...GREAT!! So this time i bought 3 bags...the 3rd bag of course was just in case i need a little more. Well i get home pour in 2 bags and find i needed the 3rd one....I poured it in (5th bag) and found i was going to need 1 more....I didn't have time to go back to Lowe's before it set so i decided to put the Broken Concrete pieces in and see if that helped....Well i took me walking up and down Magazine looking for random pieces of rock or brick but i finally finished the sidewalk :c). Then the we heard the all the girls in the front room at 10:30pm (1 hour after lights out) and had to go give consequences for being up after lights out and being in other rooms...Push over Matt let the girls come out and sign their name in the wet cement after they write their point down. The girls do not have writing in cement ediqute and ended up making the sidewalk look kind of ugly...but i made it and they signed it...so all is well. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Alright Matt! Now I don't have worry about breaking my neck! I can't wait to see it!