Friday, July 20, 2007

Cook out!!!

Sunday July 15 I decided that despite the thunder and rain i was going to grill for my family...I began the adventure by opening the old grill on the back porch...its a very nice and big charcoal grill that just had not been cleaned...hmmm...EVER...So my first job was to clean it....I took the grill (the part the MEAT goes on) and rubbed them down with aluminum foil (thanks Brother)...Which works very well...but hurt your fingers and hands after a while...Next they got rubbed down with an SOS pad...After this there was not much more i could do to clean them...so i took them out to the grill and layed them on the storage rack below the grill....As i was setting them down i saw a flash of light, Heard a loud boom, and did not feel so good...all at the same time...Sarah says she thinks the lighting hit somewhere around me..I think it scared the wellness out of me...I'm alive either way...and despite Sarah insisting that i not grill...i did...i had just put 2 hours into cleaning the bad boy...i was going to grill...so i went and got the lighter fluid out of the garage Pyramided my charcoal and sprayed them down with the lighter fluid...Then i got a do what every man enjoys..LIGHT IT...POOF... my grilling had begun.

No comments: