Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The roof is leaking

When we got home from the van adventure we found that our ceiling was leaking along a 2 ft line. Our couch was soaked in 4 spots where the drips had fallen. I retrieved Sarah's 3 ft planter from atop our air condition system outside (no plants in it yet) and Sarah grabbed some pots. We constructed a water catching system that we hope not to have to replicate, but if we do we will record with a picture for the blog. We sent another fax to maintenance to fix the leak in the roof. Well day before yesterday they picked up the van to go fix it, and today i get a call from "Brad at maintenance" and he says he wants to come check out the leak. I assume he refers to the van radiator leak so i assure him he has our van and he doesn't need to come here to see it. He then told me the van was in the shop and he was not sure when it would be done, but he was coming for our house leak...so i told him to come on over. Next thing i know my ladder (everything in the garage is mine according to me) is hitting the side of the roof and up climbs "Brad" to bang on the roof, sounded like sawing and who knows what else. He then came inside and looked at the ceiling and told us he hoped they got it this time. Then while he was washing his hands i offered him a water....to this he responded...."no I have one in the car, every good southern Louisiana man knows to always have cold water on him at all times". LOL what a cool guy, hope knows that cars get hot in "southern Louisiana" and turn your cold water luke warm...EWW....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt, knowing you and I think alike, how about giving me a call from the hospital to let me know what was in the big yellow boxes.

Jim