Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Represent the N.O.



Sarah and i found this wonderful Fleur de lis flag in the french quarter during my birthday weekend that would replace the American Flag we had been flying out front of our house. Today i put the flag on the pole and found that if i were to display it correctly (hanging straight out) the flag would drag the ground and be in one of our flower pots. The reason this was not an issue with the American flag was the American flag pole went upward and not outward so it did not drag the ground. So I naturally decide to install a new flag holder higher up on the wall so we could display our Fleur De Lis correctly. Long story short, as with everything i do it was harder than originally seemed. I drilled holes for the plastic screw reinforcers, but the hole was to small...apparently I'm a bad gauge of size cuz i worked my way up 5 sizes of drill bits before the reinforcers finally fit. After putting the new flag mount up and putting the flag pole in it...I realized that because the mount was made of plastic it was going to bend a bit from the weight of the pole and flag causing the flag pole to a have a downward slant....I fixed this by bowing out the bottom of the mount...it worked pretty well so far!

No comments: